Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW#5b. "I blog, Therfore I Am."

After reading David Kline and Burstiens chapter "I Blog, Therefore I Am," I came across one particular paragraph that i did not agree with. On page 239 they state that numbers for traditional media is not looking good. They also claim that newspaper circulation had fallen 11 percent since 1990, and continues to fall. Basically saying that in time newspapers will fall off completely from the media scene. I would like to argue this because although today some people are getting their daily information from other sources than the newspaper, not everyone has the technology, the money, and other resources to get information other than the newspaper. Do to poverty the internet and computers are not always available to some people. So those people will resort to reading the daily newspaper for free. So with that, I would like to question and disagree with how they believe newspapers are going to completely fall of from the media scene. I believe that they will always be around.

No comments: