Thursday, September 20, 2007

HW#9 An interview with Ayelet Waldman.

For our homework 9 we were asked to pick one of two narratives to respond to. I have to say that Ayelet Waldman's "A Weblog Saved My Life Last Night," was one of the most interesting pieces i have read so far. Weblogging is a new way of life. A new way to express ones self. I love how she is able to talk about all her life experiences, especially when she talks about the abortion of her son Zeke. I think it truly takes a strong person to talk about these very private and upsetting issues. I agree that more of the weblogs tend to be negative because my experience with viewing a lot of different blogs confirms it. The negative side is when people talk down on people. Like with famous celebrities, their will always be someone out there who is talking about the negative sides. Take Perez Hilton, a famous celebrity blogger who is known for bashing celebs. Take a look at his webpage, Perezhilton.com. As soon as you get on their most of the stories are negative. Although I have to agree that it does make good stories and for some reason people are always more interested in the negatives than the positives. Like I said before it is a way of life, but whether it’s positive or negative blogging, its still blogging. People are able to read and respond however they feel.

No comments: