Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW#6 Interest statement for semester long research project.

For the semester long research project I am interested in a few topics. For my first choice I would like to pick social networking services. Services like this would include "Myspace," of "Face book." Both of these which really interest me because I have an account with each of them. They are a good way of communicating with people that you do not get a chance to see or talk to everyday. You can post pictures, leave comments, and there are a million different applications for these networking services. My second choice would be instant messaging. Like the social networking services instant messaging is another great way to talk to friends from all over the place. You can talk to people from your town, or across the United States. You can't post pictures or do other things like Face book or Myspace, but it’s just a simple way to chat with a friend. My third choice would be text messaging. As an 18 year old teenage girl, I can vouch for the rest of us, that text messaging is addicting! We all know that we love to do it in the middle of class or when you're on the go and don’t have time to physically talk on the phone. It’s an easy way to just say "hi," or "what’s up?"
Next we were asked to pick a few marginalized groups that we would be interested in researching. I have an interest in overcoming sexism, overcoming racism, and also issues of disabilities or learning differences. Next we were to choose a few countries that we would be interested in. I would like to get to know more about the US, North America, and possibly Europe. All of these with the exception of the US, I don't really know much about. So it will be interesting in seeing how they deal with these topics. I look forward to this project; I think it will be a great way to learn about all these different topics.

No comments: