Tuesday, November 6, 2007

HW#28 Open Letter To Riverbend.

After reading the assigned blogs in Riverbend's "Baghdad Burning," I would have to say that is has opened my eyes to a new way of listening to information about the war in Iraq. I can say that the news and other sources don't say half the things that you mention about the war, I feel that they are leaving really important issues out. They don't talk about the U.S. troops raiding homes and schools, and killing innocent families and children. Hearing things from your perspective completely changes my views on things, I would never imagine that our troops would do such horrible things, and I feel that the media should not leave these issues out. I don't know what I would do if I was in your shoes, living in fear everyday. That’s not fair at all. It must be so physically and mentally draining to constantly be afraid of raids, bombs and looters. "We had been sleeping in our clothes for the last few nights with pockets stuffed with ID papers and money because we kept expecting the house to come crumbling down around us" (Riverbend 29). You shouldn’t have to live with that fear, no one in life should. And I honestly think that it’s all at the hands of one man. "We're all the victims of decisions made by the Bush administration." That’s the statement you made on August 22 2003. And I would have to say that I totally agree with it. I think that all of our troops should come home, and end this war, for the sake of you, and our troops. So with that said I would like to thank you for sharing everything that you have, and I now have a different perspective on this whole situation.
So thank-you again, I look forwards to reading the rest of your blog's.

Sincerely, Jackie

No comments: